I've found a bug with the 'products-list.tpl' when working out what stock notification message to display.
When the default is not available, 'Product available with different options' shows when checking against 'quantity_all_versions'.
'quantity_all_versions' is including all the attributes of the product, including the attributes that have been assigned to display only to other stores.
- create a multistore
- create a product with two options via combinations
- set one of the combinations only to display on one of the shops (shop A)
- set the stock available of the combination that will only display on shop A to be anything > 0
- set the other attribute/combination to have stock <= 0
- go to the FO of shop B
- Search for the product in a template that renders using 'products-list.tpl'
- see that it it not displaying the 'Out of stock' notification
- go in to the item and see it is highlighted as being out of stock and the dropdown only has a single item available for selection (this should not render at all)
If you need any more information, please let me know and I wil do what I can to get it for you.